Immigration Law Experts In Leeds
Indefinite Leave to Remain Applications
Whiterose Blackmans Solicitors LLP are experienced Immigration Solicitors in Leeds. If you need a solicitor to advise and assist you in dealing with an ‘Indefinite leave to remain visa application’, we can help.
If you have lived in the UK for a number of years and you intend to remain here, you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR). ILR gives you the right to settle in the UK and live here indefinitely. Once you have been granted ILR, your travel to and from the UK will not be restricted and you will be allowed to take up employment or business activities without requiring a work permit.
Are you eligible to apply for ‘Indefinite Leave to Remain’?
To be eligible for ILR you need to prove that you have been living the UK for a minimum period of time. The length of this period will depend on your immigration status. This is determined by:
- The category of the visa you currently hold
- Whether you have a partner (married or unmarried) that is a British/EU national
- Your ability to financially support yourself (in some cases)
- Whether you have ever stayed in the UK illegally
- The time requirement can differ greatly depending on these factors. An immigration lawyer will consider your personal circumstances after finding out all the relevant information and will advise you on whether you will be eligible to apply for Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR) and, if you are not, when the earliest opportunity is that you can do so.