Will Writing Solicitors in Leeds
It is a shocking statistic to hear that around 70% of the UK adults don't have an up-to-date will that accurately reflects their current financial circumstances and wishes at the time of their death. Making a Will is vital to create certainty, reduce worry and importantly gives you peace of mind in knowing exactly how your money, property & estate will be divided the in the way you wished for after your death. Also, a Will is usually the first step to take in structuring your affairs in order to minimise your liability for Inheritance Tax. Here at Whiterose Blackmans Solicitors LLP our private client team is here to assist individuals, families and professional clients based in Leeds & across the UK with the preparation of wills and the administration of their estate. We provide a considerate and personal service with professionalism & sensitivity that combines our expertise and efficiency. Read our excellent reviews on Google and Facebook.
When is a good time to update your Will?
If you already have an existing Will, we would recommend updating it whenever you have a major change in your life and circumstances. This can include life changes such as marriage, divorce, buying a new home, having children etc, anything that would mean a significant change to your intended beneficiaries. We would recommend that you review your Will every 5 years at the very least, to ensure no changes of circumstances have been overlooked since your Will was created or last updated.
Our wills and probate services include:
- Preparation Of Wills, Trusts & Deeds
- UK & International Probate
- Court of Protection Applications
- Reviewing and Amending Existing Wills
- Lasting Powers Of Attorney (LPA)
- Inheritance Tax Planning
Why should you make a will?
There are many reasons why making a Will is important and ensuring it is up-to-date. These include:
- -If your financial situation changes significantly
- -If your circumstances change for example you get married, become a parents or get divorced
- -Where you want to find ways to protect assets from inheritance tax through creating of trusts etc.
- -If you need to make provision for a vulnerable relative
- -To ensure that your estate is divided according to your wishes
Get in touch to discuss your Will
Our solicitors in Leeds are on hand to help you with changing your existing will or creating a new will, probate and estate and tax planning. Contact us today.